Minerals are naturally occurring, homogeneous solids with a definite chemical composition and a highly ordered, crystalline structure. Minerals are essential to humans and development as they provide essential components used in a variety of commodities, machinery and equipment, the construction industry, engineering materials applications, and within the agricultural sector for example in the application of lime and fertilizers to improve the yields.
Sci-Ba offers a range of mineralogical services, including
- Bulk mineralogy (XRD Analysis)
- Petrographic analysis (major and minor minerals, textural information, ore mineralogy, grain size and distribution relationships, petrology studies and proposed genesis models)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) with EDX analysis (micro-analysis of minerals, photography and chemical analysis of spots, lines and maps)
- Laser Ablation Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS) is a useful micro-analytical technique for determining the chemistry of a mineral which is considered a non-destructive technique
- Auto-mineralogy using electron microscopy and micro-XRF
Our scientists have experience across a wide range of geological commodities and process materials. We can provide you with a fully customised and functioning reporting structure to provide you with the information you need.
Please call us today to discuss the options available!